Friday, June 6, 2008

I did not know they could do that....


Hart and I were out in the garden the other day and he knocked over the empty white pot.


This critter was hiding underneath it!

It started hopping like crazy, but I caught it!



It fit in my mouth, all except the feet. They stuck out a bit, and that made it hard for me to let Bernie know I had CAUGHT something!


I ran from window to window trying to get his attention. Then all of the sudden....bleech! there was an awful taste in my mouth.


I had to spit the thing out...my mouth was all icky tasting. Later on Bernie said that when frogs get scared they pee.

NO!


NO WAY!!!!


Gross!!!! I would have NEVER tried to catch a frog in my mouth if I had known that. Why don't frogs come with warning labels or something?



Since it was still early in the day, Hart and I decided to pull up a piece of shade and just chill for a bit.


That didn't last long.


There he was again, that friggin' squirrel. Sitting on a branch just over us, flicking his tail and daring us to do something about it.

Well, I wasn't about to put up with that. I was off like a shot.





The nutcase squirrel raced ahead of me....

Ah ha...now I've got you, you little monster.

It was a stare down.



I kept looking at him until he finally lost his nerve and left.
Me: Still King of the Yard.

5 comments:

Miss Kitty, NFC said...

Tiggie, what a day you and Hart had! Thanks for the frog warning; I've never caught one, and now I will know better than to try it - yucky!

I think squirrels are very uppity the way they sit just out of reach and tease us cats. There is one in my yard too; he likes to peek at me from the other side of the avocado tree while showing off his expertise in hanging onto the tree trunk upside down.

Miss Kitty

Tiria the Shadow Princess said...

YUCK Frog pee???

I don't THINK so!

But I think you are totally gonna get that nut-case. I really do.

Tiria
The Shadow Princess

Lux said...

I just read on another blog about frogs and foaming at the mouth! These creatures sound nasty!

Glad you're still King of the Yard! :)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That is just about the most DISGUSTING thing I have ever heard in my life!!

I hope you had some water close by for a good mouth rinse!

Blech!!!!

~Goldie

Spooky said...

Oh, Tiggie! Yuk! Frog pee? Thank you for warning me to avoid those frogs. There are a lot of little ones around the patio, but Treater said there's a really big monster-sized one that hangs around the breezeway every night right outside our door. I know I need to stay away from that one.

As for squirrels...they are so annoying. Treater called the brick wall behind our old house the "squirrel highway" because they ran back and forth on top of it every day...back and forth...non-stop. Silly squirrels.